The Chemistry Immersion Program (CHIP) for students is a low-cost, room and board included, one-week experience for rising seniors in high school and incoming college freshmen. The goal of the program is to refresh and enhance students’ knowledge of chemistry and biochemistry, as well as increase the students’ comfort level in the collegiate chemistry and biochemistry laboratory. The registration fee for a CHIP student is $250.
- Students will review core concepts in general chemistry and biochemistry, such as stoichiometry, thermochemistry, dilutions, and PCR
- Complete four two-hour chemistry labs and four two-hour biochemistry labs
- Gain valuable experience with laboratory technology and improve lab skills
- Be prepared for collegiate chemistry and/or biochemistry course content and technology
- Experience life on a college campus
- Meet with undergraduate researchers to discuss undergraduate research opportunities at MU
- Attend evening seminars and hear from professionals in careers related to science, technology, engineering, and mathematics
This year’s program for students will be held July 16th – 21st. If you are interested in registering for CHIP 2017, please check here.
- Students who have completed 1 high school chemistry course
- or Students who graduate Spring 2017
- or Students who will be high school seniors in Fall 2017
- High school Chemistry grade: B or better
- GPA: 3.0+
Travel or registration costs going to be an issue? No worries! Apply for a scholarship! Limited need based scholarships are available.
If you have submitted a registration form and fee but cannot attend CHIP 2017, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1, 2017 to be eligible for a refund.
CHIP is funded through grants from the National Science Foundation.